Baked Salmon with Crispy Lemon Garlic Topping
A healthy, quick, and delicious salmon with a crispy tasty topping.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound salmon
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs * can use gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon loosely packed fresh parsley * or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter * melted
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the salmon on a baking sheet, skin side down.
In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Mixture should be wet and thick.
Press the bread crumb mixture all over the top of the salmon. It doesn't have to be completely covered.
Bake for 10 minutes, then move the baking sheet to the top rack of the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil for 2-4 minutes, watching closely, until the topping gets crispy, the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145°F and it flakes apart easily with a fork.
Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- If you are using seasoned bread crumbs, cut the amount of parsley that you use in half.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh parsley are best, but you can use bottled lemon juice and dried parsley if needed. Your salmon will still be very flavorful!
- Bake lemon slices along the sides of the salmon to serve as garnish once the dish is ready. Do not put them on top while baking or the bread crumbs won't get crispy where they are covered.
- Store leftover baked salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 868mg | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.8mg