Daryl's Famous Spaghetti Sauce
A really flavorful sauce loaded with veggies and goodness!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced small
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey or beef, venison, or bison
- 32 ounces jarred pasta sauce *we use Prego Traditional
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Franks Red Hot Sauce optional
- 1 red pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow squash cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 carrots cut into bite sized pieces
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes longer, then add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
In a large pot, heat the sauce over medium heat. Add the dried basil, oregano, and Franks (if using). Let simmer until heated through. Add the red pepper, green pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, and carrots and cook about 10 minutes longer.
Add the cooked turkey to the sauce and stir to thoroughly blend all the ingredients. Serve over hot pasta.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 954mg | Potassium: 1246mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6620IU | Vitamin C: 67.3mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3.9mg