Dark Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Dark Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are thick, chewy, rich cookies loaded with sweet chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts. These fudgy treats pair perfectly with a tall glass of cold milk.
Servings: 36 cookies
Mix together the flour, dark cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Blend the butter and sugar together in a mixer on medium speed.
Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
Lower the speed and gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients in the mixer until well combined. The dough will be very thick.
Stir in the dark chocolate chips and walnuts by hand. Or you can wait and press them on the tops of the cookies before baking.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to chill the dough.
When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place dough balls 2-inches apart, as cookies will spread while baking.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Tips and Techniques For Perfect Cookies
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Measure the flour by spooning it into a measuring cup. Do not pack it.
- Ensure that the baking powder and baking soda that you are using are fresh and not expired.
- Chill the dough to help keep the cookies from spreading too much when baking.
- Check the oven temperature with an oven thermometer to ensure that it’s actually heated to the proper temperature.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Use within 1-2 weeks.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg