This Greek Omelet is an easy-to-make low carb breakfast that is just loaded with flavor. Stuffed inside is sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, feta cheese, and olives.
Servings: 1 omelet
- 1 tablespoon butter * divided
- 1/2 cup spinach * roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes * packed in oil, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion * diced
- 5 kalamata olives * sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese * crumbled
Melt half of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Once melted, add the spinach, sun-dried tomato and onion. Cook for a minute or two until the spinach is wilted and the onions are just starting to soften.
Gently stir in the olives and cook another minute. Transfer to a bowl.
Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk well.
Add the remaining butter to the same skillet. Once melted, ensure it covers the entire bottom of the skillet.
Pour in the eggs ensuring the bottom of the pan is fully covered. Place a lid over the skillet and cook until the egg is set, about 2 minutes.
Reserve 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture then spoon the rest onto one half of the egg.
Sprinkle on the feta cheese, then fold the empty half of the egg over top of the filling.
Heat another minute or so, then transfer to a plate.
Top with the reserved spinach mixture and a sprinkle of extra feta.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can modify the ingredients and the amounts to suit your own tastes. Simply add or omit whichever ingredients you like.
- If preferred, you can cook the eggs and the filling at the same time using 2 skillets.
- While you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, an omelet is best when eaten the day it’s prepared.
Serving: 1omelet | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 391mg | Sodium: 1475mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2556IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 3mg