Creamy White Cheddar Beer Cheese Dip
Creamy White Cheddar Beer Cheese Dip is a quick, delicious way to add flavor to simply prepared vegetables as part of a healthy meal. It is an easy appetizer, served hot, alongside soft pretzels or bread.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Cuisine: American, Gluten Free, Low Carb
Diet: Gluten Free
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 ounces white cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup beer (can use gluten free, if needed)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Add all but 1/2 cup of the white cheddar cheese and cream cheese to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. When in doubt, lower the heat so the sauce doesn't "break." Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
16 ounces white cheddar cheese, 2 ounces cream cheese
Whisk in the garlic powder, dijon mustard and beer until evenly blended and smooth, stirring almost constantly to prevent it from burning. Season with salt and pepper.
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1/2 cup beer, salt and pepper
Transfer the cheese mixture to a small oven proof skillet or baking dish and top with the reserved cheese.
Heat under the broiler until bubbly and starting to brown, watching very closely, about 1-2 minutes.
Remove and serve with soft pretzels, other dippables, or on burgers or sandwiches.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Use a high-quality sharp white cheddar cheese, like those from Wisconsin or Vermont for the best flavor. Do not use pre-shredded bagged cheese as it does not melt as well and often contains starches which will make your cheese dip gritty.
- Stout and lagers tend to work best, but I have also made this recipe with Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA and it was delicious.
- You can add a pinch cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce, if a spicier cheese is desired.
- You can skip placing the beer cheese under the broiler, however, the browning on top of the cheese does add a lot of flavor.
- Store extra beer cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 7 days for best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 383mg | Potassium: 65mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 663IU | Calcium: 416mg | Iron: 1mg