Loaded Bell Pepper Nachos
Loaded Bell Pepper Nachos are a low carb, keto-friendly alternative to classic Mexican nachos. This nutritious recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and can be enjoyed as an appetizer, snack, or meal.
Servings: 6 servings
Bell Pepper Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds bell peppers (or mini sweet peppers)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (sliced or halved)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Add the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, breaking up until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
Place the bell pepper pieces, cut side up, on a baking sheet, spreading out as much as possible.
Fill each pepper with the ground beef mixture. Top with the cheddar cheese.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. You want the peppers to be warm, but still crisp.
Remove the nachos from the oven and top with slices of cherry tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, sour cream and guacamole. See notes for more topping suggestions.
Tips and Techniques
- You can use any combination of bell peppers that you like. Mini sweet peppers are really simple to cut into the perfect size.
- You can swap in and out ingredients to suit your own tastes. See the nacho topping suggestions below.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days. An added bonus to making nachos with bell peppers is that the leftovers don’t get soggy like they do when tortilla chips are used.
More Nacho Topping Suggestions
In addition to the toppings suggested in the recipe, you may also like:
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- pico de galo
- diced red onion
- kidney beans (if not keto)
- black beans (if not keto)
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 662mg | Potassium: 817mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5779IU | Vitamin C: 205mg | Calcium: 263mg | Iron: 4mg