Keto Chicken Florentine
Keto Chicken Florentine is an easy to make, one pan dinner recipe. Seared chicken breasts and a rich, creamy spinach sauce make this one of the best low carb chicken skillet meals.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
Creamy Spinach Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh parsley (optional, garnish)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece in the almond flour to coat both sides.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F on a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest portion. Remove to a clean plate.
Creamy Spinach Sauce
Return the pan to the stovetop on medium heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter, the shallot, and the garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the wine and raise the heat. Reduce by half, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Once reduced, stir in the heavy cream. Cook a few minutes to thicken.
Add the spinach to the skillet and cook down until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
Nestle the pieces of chicken back into the pan to warm.
Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and parsley, if using. Serve immediately.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can use chicken thighs, if you prefer. They may take a little longer to cook.
- Fresh spinach is recommended for the best results. If you have to use frozen, be sure to thaw it and squeeze out as much moisture as you can before adding it to the sauce.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4592IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 2mg