Cheesy Cauliflower Grits
Cheesy Cauliflower Grits are rich, creamy, buttery, and of course, cheesy. This low carb and keto-friendly grits alternative is equally as flavorful as traditional grits but with only 5 net carbs per serving.
- 1 head cauliflower * riced super fine (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese * shredded
Add the riced cauliflower, salt, pepper, heavy cream, and butter to a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. The mixture will be fairly thick.
Cook, stirring often, until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
Serve the grits topped with extra cheese and butter, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Make sure to rice the cauliflower super fine. It shouldn’t be as coarse as cauliflower rice, but it also shouldn’t be as creamy as mashed cauliflower. You want a little texture there to resemble the same texture as classic grits.
- You can use Parmesan cheese in place of cheddar cheese, if preferred.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1245IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 1mg