Keto Frittata with Turkey Sausage and Bacon
This Keto Frittata recipe is loaded with turkey sausage, bacon, and cheese. It’s a quick and easy meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese * shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot * minced
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 4 patties turkey sausage * cooked and diced
- 4 slices bacon * cooked and diced
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk the eggs, heavy whipping cream, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a deep oven-proof skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes or until the shallots are softened and beginning to brown.
Add the sausage and bacon and stir to combine, then spread out evenly over the bottom of the pan.
Carefully pour the egg mixture over the top of the meats. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes or just until you can see the frittata starting to set on the edges.
Transfer the frittata to the oven and bake another 12-15 minutes, or until the center is just slightly jiggly. It will set more once it begins cooling.
Once slightly cooled, cut into 8 slices. Garnish with fresh parsley or scallions, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Shred cheese from a block to avoid the added starch in pre-shredded bagged cheese.
- You can modify this recipe to suite your own tastes. Add additional pre-cooked vegetables like broccoli, peppers, and/or mushrooms, switch up the types of cheese, or swap out the meat for ham or scrapple, if you like.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 4 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 714IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 1mg