Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
How do you make an ice cream sandwich even better? Turn it into an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake, of course! This easy recipe serves 2, but can be made to serve a crowd, if needed.
- 2 ice cream sandwiches
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 bottle Chocolate Magic Shell (about 3.5 ounces)
- sprinkles, candy, cake frosting/gels * optional decor
Place one ice cream sandwich onto a plate or tray.
Spread on a thick layer of whipped topping and place a second ice cream sandwich on top. Clean off any extra whipped topping that may come out from the edges.
Place the plate or tray into the freezer until the whipped topping is frozen solid, about 1-2 hours.
Once the whipped topping is frozen, remove the plate from the freezer.
Cover the ice cream cake in the chocolate Magic Shell, decorating with sprinkles and candy immediately, if you are using them.
Decorate with cake frosting or icing and gels once the Magic Shell is set, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- To make a larger Ice Cream Sandwich Cake, you can use two layers of 6 or 12 ice cream sandwiches (12 or 24 total). Simply place them into either an 8 x 8-inch or 13 x 9-inch a baking pan, then follow the same steps as listed below. You will also need extra whipped topping and Magic Shell.
- Magic Shell sets quickly. If you plan to decorate your cake with sprinkles or candy, be prepared to add them immediately since it sets so fast.
- Store your cake in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Promptly place any extra ice cream cake back in the freezer.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg