Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps are stuffed with a combination of cheese and zesty Buffalo sauce for intense flavor and celery for added crunch. They are packed with protein making them not only delicious, but also filling.
- 1 pound chicken * cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese * shredded
- 3 ribs celery * cut into thin strips
- 4 Mission Foods Tortilla Protein Wraps
- Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing * optional, for dipping
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the cooked, shredded chicken, cream cheese, and Buffalo sauce.
Cook, stirring often, until the cream cheese is fully melted, and everything is hot and well blended, about 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
Divide the slices of celery between 6 Mission® Protein
Top each tortilla with an even amount of the Buffalo chicken mixture.
Fold in the top and bottom edges of the tortilla, then the sides.
Wipe out the skillet, and return to medium heat.
Add the wraps, and grill until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve with a side of Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing, for dipping, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken to make preparing this recipe even simpler. You can always bake the chicken in the oven or pressure cook it for easy shredding, if you prefer.
- You can dice the celery, rather than cut it into sticks, if you'd rather mix it into the Buffalo chicken.
- Shred the cheddar cheese from a block for the best melting. Pre-shredded bagged cheese often contains a starch to prevent it from sticking to itself. This can cause the melted cheese to be grainy.
Serving: 1wrap | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1133mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 237mg | Iron: 2mg