Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Low carb Garlic Parmesan Shrimp recipe is rich, delicious, and on the table in under 30 minutes. Served over spaghetti squash, this meal has only 9 net carbs per serving and is naturally gluten free!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash * about 5 cups
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces shrimp * I use small or medium, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley * roughly chopped
Poke several holes all way into the center of the spaghetti squash, then microwave on a plate for 8-12 minutes on high, or until tender. Allow to cool some, the scrap out the inside with a fork.
While the squash is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook on one side, undisturbed, for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until they are just slightly opaque and white. Remove to a bowl or plate.
Add the garlic to the same pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then add the vegetable stock and heavy cream.
Whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Keep whisking to prevent lumps.
Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then lower and simmer until reduced and somewhat thickened, whisking frequently.
Mix in the shrimp and cooked spaghetti squash and heat through.
Top with the fresh parsley.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can use pre-cooked shrimp, if preferred. Wait until the end to add the thawed shrimp in with the spaghetti squash, then cook a few minutes to warm them.
- If you prefer to roast the spaghetti squash be prepared for it to take about 45 minutes to an hour to fully bake in the oven.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days
Serving: 1g | Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 312mg | Sodium: 1426mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1377IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 339mg | Iron: 2mg