Grilled Cheesy Potatoes
Grilled Cheesy Potatoes are the perfect side for all of your summer meals. Grilled to tenderness and covered in rich, melted cheddar cheese, these potatoes are sure to be everyone's favorite!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 pounds small potatoes * cut into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter * melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Sargento Reserve Series Shredded 18-Month Aged Cheddar Cheese * divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley * minced, optional
Preheat your grill to medium-high, or your oven to 425°F.
Place the cut potatoes in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil.
Pour the melted butter evenly over the potatoes.
Season with the salt and pepper, then sprinkle on half of the cheddar cheese.
Wrap the potatoes tightly in the aluminum foil and place on the preheated grill, or in the oven.
Cook for 15 minutes, then flip the packet and cook for an addition 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Open the top of the foil packet and sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese.
Leave the packet open and place it back on the grill, or in the oven. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Top with the minced parsley, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Grilled Cheesy Potatoes
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Cut your potatoes into even-size pieces, about 1/2 to 1-inch in size, for even cooking.
- Melt the butter before drizzling over the potatoes for more even distribution.
- Add toppings like bacon, sour cream, and chives after roasting to give these potatoes even more delicious flavor!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 318mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 22.4mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 1mg