Creamy Brussels Sprouts Coleslaw
Creamy Brussels Sprouts Coleslaw is a delicious spin on classic coleslaw. Try it on pulled pork or as a side dish – especially during barbecue season. With only 4 net carbs per serving, it’s also a great choice for those following a low carb or keto diet.
Servings: 8 servings
- 5 cups shredded Brussels sprouts * from 1 pound of whole Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and carrots to a medium size bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing into the shredded vegetables and toss until well combined.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Creamy Brussels Sprouts Coleslaw
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Use fresh, raw Brussels sprouts for the best results. Frozen Brussels sprouts will likely be way too mushy for this recipe.
- To shred the Brussels sprouts faster, add them to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade and pulse a few times until they are roughly shopped. If you don’t have a food processor, you can thinly slice them with a knife.
- If following a stricter keto diet, you can simply omit the carrots. You may also want to use a keto-friendly mayonnaise.
- Store extra slaw in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days and discard if it’s been left out a room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3105IU | Vitamin C: 47.7mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.9mg