Keto Sausage, Cabbage, and Radish Foil Packs
Filled with slices of sausage and low carb vegetables, these Keto Sausage, Cabbage, and Radish Foil Packets are the perfect meal for at home or over a camp fire. They can be made on the grill or in the oven.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 sausage links * each cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 head cabbage * cut into bite-size pieces
- 1.5 cups radishes * quartered
- 1 shallot * diced
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley * minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives * minced
Preheat oven to 400°F or grill to 350°F. Lay out 4 pieces of foil, each about 2 feet long.
Divide the chopped cabbage, radishes, shallots, and garlic evenly onto one side of each of the pieces of foil and season with salt and pepper.
Top each pile with 8 slices of the sausage and 1 tablespoon of butter.
Fold the foil over the top and roll up all the edges tightly to prevent extra butter and juices from leaking out.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the radishes are fork-tender.
If grilling, cook for 15 minutes, then check the radishes for fork-tenderness. You may need to continue grilling for another 5-10 minutes - be careful not to burn the cabbage.
Once packets are done cooking, open and top with fresh parsley and chives.
Tips and Techniques For the Best Keto Sausage and Peppers Foil Packets
- You can do all the prep work ahead of time, all the way up to assembling the foil packets, if you prefer.
- Use caution when grilling as food tends to cook faster than it does in an oven.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days. If reheating in the microwave, be sure to remove the foil completely before heating!
- What kind of sausage is best to use in foil packet dinners? You can use any type of sausage in this recipe. I prefer to use chicken and apple, but you can use pork sausage as well.
- Can you make Sausage and Cabbage Foil Packets ahead of time? Yes, you can make these foil packets ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to a day before cooking them.
Serving: 1packet | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 20.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 0.6mg