Keto Lemon Chicken Soup with Cauliflower Rice
This Keto Lemon Chicken Soup recipe is made with cauliflower rice to lower the total carbohydrates without sacrificing flavor. With only 6 net carbs per serving, this bright and lemony chicken soup is a warm and comforting meal perfect for colder weather.
Servings: 4 bowls
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallot * minced
- 1/2 cup celery * diced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs * beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice * freshly squeezed
- 2 cups cooked chicken * shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro * or parsley, minced
- salt and pepper * to taste
- lemon zest * optional, garnish
Heat the olive oil in a stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the shallot and celery and cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the cauliflower rice, chicken bone broth, and water. Increase the heat to medium-high and gently boil until tender, about 7-8 minutes.
Whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot stock to a small bowl with the beaten eggs. Pour the mixture back into the pot and stir well.
Add the lemon juice, chicken, and cilantro to the pot and cook until heated through and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
Taste and season with salt, pepper, and/or additional lemon juice, as needed.
Ladle into 4 soup bowls and garnish with extra herbs and lemon zest, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Lemon Chicken Soup
- You can use leftover or rotisserie chicken to save time.
- Or, cook the chicken in an Instant Pot - it will be super simple to shred when it's done cooking!
- Try shredding the chicken using a food processor to speed up the process even more.
- For more lemon flavor, add extra lemon juice 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired flavor is achieved.
- To lower the carb count even more, you can omit the shallot. Just be aware that the flavor may vary slightly.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- How do you store extra Lemon Chicken Soup? Store any leftover soup in air-tight containers in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days by gently reheating - do not boil.
- Can you freeze Lemon Chicken Soup with Cauliflower? Yes, you can freeze this Lemon Chicken Soup in air-tight containers. For best results allow to thaw before gently reheating. Use within 3 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 81.1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg