Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Cauliflower
Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Cauliflower is a delicious low carb, one pan meal! Seared chicken in a creamy sauce flavored with lemon and fresh thyme make this a main dish the whole family will love!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound thin cut chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken bone broth * or stock
- 4 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 cups cauliflower * chopped small
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh thyme * garnish, optional
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the butter, and then cook the chicken until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook about 2-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
Add the chicken stock, garlic, thyme, and cauliflower to the skillet and stir, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Continue to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, and the cauliflower is just tender about 4-5 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice.
Add chicken back to the pan, garnish with additional fresh thyme, and serve hot.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Cauliflower
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can reference this post on How to Rice Cauliflower, if needed, or buy already chopped cauliflower from the produce section of the grocery store. Frozen riced cauliflower can be used, but often results in a watery, mushier texture.
- If you can't find thin cut chicken breasts, you can pound out regular chicken breasts to about 1/2-inch thickness before cooking.
- If you need to substitute dried thyme for fresh thyme, use only 1/2 tablespoon.
- Store any leftover Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Cauliflower in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 771mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 58.2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.2mg