Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal is the best way to start the day! Made with unsweetened almond milk and maple syrup, it's actually a healthy, refined sugar free breakfast recipe!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chai seeds * optional
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk * can use dairy, see notes
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter * we use natural
- 1 Tablespoon dark chocolate chops * optional
Combine the rolled oats, dark cocoa powder, chia seeds, unsweetened almond milk, and maple syrup in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until well blended.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes. If all of the liquid isn’t quite absorbed, microwave in 30 second increments until the oatmeal reaches the desired thickness.
Stir in the peanut butter.
Top with dark chocolate chips, if desired.
Stove Top Instructions
To make this oatmeal on the stove top, add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the oatmeal reached the desired thickness, about 5 minutes. Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and stir in the peanut butter. Top with chocolate chips, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
- Adding chocolate chips to this recipe will increase the sugar content.
- Using dairy milk instead of unsweetened almond milk will add some sugar to the recipe. You may need to cut back on the amount of maple syrup used to reach your desired level of sweetness.
- Store extra oatmeal in the refrigerator and use within 3 days.