Rosemary Apricot Glazed Turkey
Rosemary Apricot Glazed Turkey is a simple, beautiful and delicious recipe for Thanksgiving. Savory, fresh rosemary and sweet apricot create the perfect glaze for turkey.
- 1 7 pound turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cups apricot preserves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F and melt the butter.
Place turkey in a roasting pan or on a rack over a pan and pat dry with paper towels.
Brush the melted butter all over the turkey and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and place the turkey in the oven and roast as directed on the package up until the last half hour or so.
Whisk together the apricot preserves and rosemary while the turkey is roasting and set aside. When there is about a half hour left of cook time uncover the turkey and, brush on the glaze. Continue roasting. The turkey is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F in the center of the turkey, not touching a bone.
Let the turkey rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- It is not recommended to rinse the turkey before patting dry with paper towels.
- Roast 15 minutes per pound if unstuffed, and 20 minutes per pound if stuffed.
- If your turkey starts to brown before the roasting time is up, cover it with aluminum foil.
- The internal temperature needs to reach 165°F in the center of the turkey, not touching a bone.
- Let the turkey rest for at least 20 minutes before carving – this allows the juices redistribute.
- Double the recipe for a whole turkey.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 356mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 0.2mg