Blueberry Hand Pies
These rustic Blueberry Hand Pies are easy to make and incredibly delicious. What better way to enjoy fresh, summer blueberries than in these tasty little pie bites!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Cuisine: American, Vegetarian
Servings: 15 hand pies
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries * can use frozen
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 lemon * zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pie crusts * can use store bought
- 1 egg * lightly beaten
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a tray with a Silpat mat (highly recommended) or parchment paper.
Add the blueberries, sugar, corn starch, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. Gently toss until well combined.
Cut the pie crusts into 15 equally sized, circular mini pie crusts. You will have to re-roll the remaining pie crusts after cutting out the initial circles to get 15. (see notes below)
Divide the blueberry mixture evenly onto one half of each piece of crust, leaving 1/4" space along the edge.
Lightly brush water along the edges of the crust and fold the crust over the top. Using the tines of a fork, seal the edges well. Cut two slits into each hand pie.
Brush the tops of the hand pies with the egg wash.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. The blueberry juice will likely leak out some.
Let cool before removing from the tray.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate only and may vary.
- It is highly recommend to line a baking sheet with a Silpat Mat or parchment paper. Some of the juice from the blueberries will likely leak out when baking. It’s much easier to wash off of a Silpat mat.
- For larger hand pies, cut each pie crust into just 4 equal size pieces. You will get 8 larger hand pies with this method.
- Store Blueberry Hand Pies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1hand pie | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg