This Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Sandwich is a healthy, delicious, vegetarian lunch option. It's easy to make, loaded with flavor, and packs well.
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
Spread the hummus evenly onto both slices of bread.
Sprinkle the feta cheese onto one slice of bread and add the spinach and roasted red pepper strips to the other slice.
Close the sandwich, cut in half, and enjoy.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- If you are roasting your own peppers, you’ll want to do that ahead of time. If you are using jarred roasted red peppers, remove them from the jar and set on a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry some before using.
- If you plan to use this for meal prep, pack the hummus separately so that the bread doesn't get soggy.
- You can add more vegetables to this sandwich, if desired. Slices of cucumber and tomato would make great additions.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 1568mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3249IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 4mg