Cauliflower Salad with Green Beans
This low carb Green Bean Cauliflower Salad recipe can be served warm or chilled and is the perfect side dish recipe for all your summer cookouts!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups green beans * cut into 1" size pieces
- 4 cups cauliflower * cut into bite size pieces
- 1 shallot * diced
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- salt and pepper
Place the green beans and cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of water.
Cover with plastic wrap, leaving one edge open to went and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Drain the vegetables and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process. Place back into the bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and stone ground mustard. Stir in the shallots and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Pour the over the green beans and cauliflower, then toss gently to combine.
Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Cauliflower Salad
- Fresh cauliflower and green beans work best in this recipe.
- Discard Cauliflower Salad that has been sitting out for longer than 2 hours. You can store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
** Nutritional information is given as an estimate only and may vary.
- Can you make Cauliflower Salad ahead of time? Yes. You can make this salad ahead of time and store it tightly covered in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days.