With a little extra vanilla in both the cupcake batter and the buttercream icing, these Strawberry Cupcakes have a hint of vanilla in every bite. They are gorgeous for spring and summer entertaining.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Vanilla Strawberry Cupcakes
- Set the butter out about an hour before you begin baking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Use fresh strawberries for the best results. Using frozen strawberries may “water down” the recipe and give you less than perfect results.
- How do you store cupcakes? You can store cupcakes without icing tightly covered at room temperature for a day or two, or with/without icing in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
- Can cupcakes be frozen? You can freeze cupcakes without icing, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, for 4-6 months.
- Can buttercream icing be frozen? Yes. You can freeze buttercream icing in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before using.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.