Asian Ground Pork Tacos
This recipe for Asian Ground Pork Tacos is an incredibly flavorful, fusion-style meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Seasoned ground pork is topped with a zesty cabbage slaw and spicy mayo for a pop of delicious flavor in every bite.
- 1 cup savoy cabbage * thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro * roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime * juiced
- salt and pepper * to taste
Asian Pork Taco Filling
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat, then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for one minute, stirring frequently.
Add the ground pork and season with the salt and pepper.
Cook, breaking up, until browned through, about 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil.
Cook an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through and the flavors are well combined.
Place the ground pork into taco shells, flour tortillas, or lettuce wraps and top with the cabbage slaw and spicy mayo.
Tips and Techniques
- You can substitute sriracha for the sambal oelek.
- If preferred, you can add a touch of honey or sugar to the cabbage slaw. It is recommended to try the complete dish before making this adjustment.
- Crumbled queso fresco and additional cilantro are excellent additional topping ideas for these Asian tacos.
- Store leftovers separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Use with 3-4 days.
How to Make This Recipe Gluten Free
To make this recipe gluten free, you will need to use gluten free soy sauce and gluten free hoisin sauce. Gluten free hoisin sauce can be harder to find, so you can also substitute an equal amount of brown sugar instead.
Serve on gluten free tortillas or as lettuce wraps.
How to Make This Recipe Low Carb
Swap out the soy sauce for coconut aminos and the hoisin sauce for a zero-carb brown sugar substitute.
Serve the tacos on low carb tortillasor as lettuce wraps.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary. It does not include taco shells, tortillas, or lettuce for serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 567kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1170mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 193IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg