Scrambled Eggs and Sausage with Broccoli
Make the same old scrambled eggs and sausage a lot more flavorful by adding fresh broccoli and cheddar cheese. This recipe is quick, easy, and so delicious.
- 4 sausage patties * can use vegetarian
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt * or regular salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup broccoli * cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese * shredded
Heat a large skillet over medium low. Add the sausage patties and cook until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4-5 minutes.
Remove and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, season with the garlic salt and pepper, and whisk well.
Raise the heat to medium and melt the butter in the same skillet used to cook the sausage.
Once hot and bubbly, add the eggs and top with the cut up sausage patties, broccoli florets, and cheddar cheese.
Cook, stirring frequently until the eggs are done through, about 5-7 minutes.
Tips and Techniques
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Shred the cheddar cheese directly from a block for the best melting and texture.
- You can make this recipe vegetarian by using vegetarian sausage patties. Just be aware that vegetarian sausage may contain more carbohydrates and gluten, so be sure to read the labels.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 380mg | Sodium: 636mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 878IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 2mg