Tuscan Steak and Pasta
This incredibly flavorful Tuscan Steak and Pasta recipe can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! Simple, yet impressive, this meal is as perfect for a busy weeknight dinner as it is for entertaining company.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 pounds steak * I use New York Strip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- 1 8.5 oz sundried tomatoes packed in oil * drained on a paper towel
- 1 15oz jar Alfredo Sauce * or 2 cups of homemade Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons basil * cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
Start a pot of salted water boiling for the pasta before you begin preparing the rest of the meal.
When the pasta water comes to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, prepare the steak by heating the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and add to the skillet and sear for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-5 additional minutes, or until the steak is done to your own personal preference.
Once the steaks are done cooking, remove them from the heat and set them on a plate to rest.
While the pasta and steaks are cooking, make the Lemony Pine Nut-Basil Topping. Roughly chop the pine nuts and cut the basil into ribbons.
Whisk together the pine nuts, basil, honey, and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
Once the pasta is done cooking, drain it and return it to the pan. Stir in the Alfredo sauce and sun-dried tomatoes.
To serve, top individual servings of the sun-dried tomato pasta with slices of steak and garnish with a spoonful of the pine nut topping.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Tuscan Steak and Pasta
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- You can use any type of pasta that you prefer. Pasta with corkscrew shapes tend to hold onto other ingredients better than other shapes.
- Use freshly squeeze lemon juice and fresh basil for the best flavor.
- Store leftovers separately (pasta, steak, and pine nut topping) in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days for best results.