Candied Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple
Slices of sweet potatoes are baked in brown sugar and pineapple juice. Topped with slices of pineapple and cherries this is a unique, but very delicious, version of Candied Sweet Potatoes. They are perfect for the holidays.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 8 people
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Scrub your sweet potatoes under running water, then place in a large stock pot.
Cover the potatoes with water and place on the stove top over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, or until just fork tender.
Remove the potatoes and let cool.
Once the potatoes are cool you should be able to peel off the skin with your hands.
Trim the ends off of the potatoes and slice horizontally into 2″ rounds.
Place the sweet potato rounds in a single later in a large casserole dish.
Pour 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice from the can over the potatoes and sprinkle the brown sugar oven them evenly.
Top with the pineapple slices and cherries.
Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the juices has thickened.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Try to cut your sweet potatoes to approximately the same thickness to ensure even cooking.
- None of the ingredients for this recipe are set in stone. If you want more brown sugar or pineapple or cherries – go for it!
- Keep leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Can Candied Sweet Potatoes be made ahead of time? Yes. You can make Candied Sweet Potatoes ahead of time. Prepare them up until the point of needing to bake them. Store them tightly covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
- Can you freeze Candied Sweet Potatoes? Yes, you can freeze Candied Sweet Potatoes. Allow the potatoes to cool, then transfer to freezer bags or a container with an air-tight lid, and place in the freezer. Reheat at 350°F until heated through (the time will vary depending on how many potatoes you have, but generally reheat for about 20-25 minutes).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 30183IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg