Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole is cheesy, spicy, and crazy delicious! It's low in carbs, suitable for those following a keto diet, and gluten free!
Tips and Techniques for the Best Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Setting the cream cheese out to come to room temperature an hour before you begin will make it easier to combine all of the ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes and cook in a skillet with olive oil until just done through, or use an Instant Pot, or use leftover or rotisserie chicken to save time.
- It is best to shred the sharp cheddar cheese from a block rather than buying a bag of pre-shredded cheese which contains a starch and doesn't melt as well.
- I recommend using fresh cauliflower, when possible. Using frozen may give you a runnier sauce. You can rice the cauliflower by using a grater or by adding the florets to a food processor and pulsing a few times until it resembles rice.
How to Store Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- You can store this casserole in the freezer, tightly covered and unbaked, for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before baking. Increase the cook time to 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- This casserole can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, tightly covered. It is recommended to bake it within 2 days. Increase the cook time to 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Store leftover Creamy Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.