Southwestern Chicken Salad
This Southwestern Chicken Salad is full of healthy ingredients! Kale, vegetables, cheese, and chicken are chopped and combined, then topped with an incredibly delicious Cilantro Lime Avocado Puree!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 pound chicken * diced small
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder * divided
- 2 cups kale * chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup red pepper * diced small
- 1/4 cup pepperjack cheese * diced small
Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder.
In a small bowl, combine the corn, black beans, red pepper, and remaining 1/2 t of chili powder. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, combine the corn, black beans, red pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder. Stir to combine.
To make the avocado puree, add the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, and agave to a blender cup. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until well combined and smooth.
Divide the kale, corn mixture, cheese, and chicken between 2 bowls. Top with 1-2 spoonfuls of the Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing, toss, and enjoy!
Tips & Technique for the Best Southwestern Chicken Salad
- If you absolutely do not like kale, you can substitute Romaine lettuce instead.
- Store any leftover salad and dressing separately, tightly covered in the refrigerator.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Is Southwestern Chicken Salad gluten free? Yes, this recipe is 100% gluten free without any needed modifications.
- Is Southwestern Chicken Salad healthy? With the definition of “healthy” meaning different things to different people, I can say that this salad is loaded with good-for-you vegetables and healthy fats like avocado and extra virgin olive oil.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1558mg | Potassium: 1005mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8065IU | Vitamin C: 122.5mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3.3mg