Loaded Bacon Ranch Cauliflower Salad
Topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, and creamy Ranch dressing, this Loaded Bacon Ranch Cauliflower Salad recipe is a delicious low carb side dish. It's equally as delicious as a barbecue or weeknight side any time of the year.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower * cut into bite size pieces
- 8 slices bacon * cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese * shredded
- 1/4 cup celery * diced small
- 2 green onions * sliced thin for garnish
Set a steamer pot filled 2/3rds of the way full with water over high heat to bring to a boil.
Add cauliflower florets and steam until fork-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Drain the water, and run the cauliflower under cold water to stop the cooking process. Place in a medium-size bowl.
Mix together the ranch dressing, celery, cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon until well combined.
Pour the dressing over the cauliflower and toss to combine.
Place in a serving dish and top with extra cheddar cheese, the remaining bacon, and green onions, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Loaded Bacon Ranch Cauliflower Salad
- Shred the cheese from a block, rather than using pre-shredded bagged cheese, for the best results.
- Adjust any of the ingredients to suit your own tastes. Just be aware that any changes to the recipe will alter the nutritional information.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
How to Steam Cauliflower in the Microwave
To steam cut cauliflower in the microwave, place it in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving one edge slightly open to vent. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes, until it reaches desired level of tenderness. Drain and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking process.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 26.6mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 0.4mg