A little spicy and a little sweet, this recipe for Chipotle-Honey Barbecue Ribs is mouthwatering delicious! These are best when grilled, but can also be made in the oven when firing up the grill isn't a possibility.
How to Make Chipotle-Honey Barbecue Ribs in the Oven
Follow steps 1-4 above, and preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Once you are ready to begin cooking, wrap the ribs tightly in aluminum foil and place them, meat side down, on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour undisturbed.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and open only the top part (meat side) of the foil. Pour on the apple cider vinegar mixture, then rewrap the ribs and place them back in the oven.
- Cook for another hour, undisturbed.
- Open the foil so that the meat side is up. They should be cooked through, but if not return to the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes longer, or as needed.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the barbecue sauce on the meat side of the ribs. Leave the foil open and return them to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this step 2 more times, then remove the ribs from the oven.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Chipotle Honey Barbecue Ribs
- While the recipe is really easy, barbecuing ribs the right way does take some time, so definitely plan for at least 2-3 hours of cooking time.
- When grilling ribs, adjust the temperature by lowering the burner rather than opening the grill. You want to limit opening the grill as much as possible.
- Store leftover barbecue ribs tightly wrapped in aluminum foil in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.