This easy Gluten Free Coconut Shrimp recipe is made with coconut milk and sweetened coconut shreds for some serious coconut flavor in every crunchy bite! This recipe can be made in a deep fryer, skillet, or air fryer!
Tips & Techniques For the Best Gluten Free Coconut Shrimp
- Using large shrimp will help to speed up the battering process.
- Remove the tails on small or medium size shrimp so they don’t get covered in batter. If you have larger shrimp, leave the tails on so that battering them is a little less messy.
- When deep frying, only use oil recommended by the manufacturer - I almost always use peanut oil. For pan frying, I usually use unrefined coconut oil.
- Store leftover Gluten Free Coconut Shrimp in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.
- Can you bake coconut shrimp? Yes. Bake at 425°F for 8-12 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp, or until cooked through and crispy. Baked Coconut Shrimp won’t be quite as crispy as fried.
- What is the best dipping sauce for coconut shrimp? Sweet Mango Dipping Sauce is my favorite, but we also like to use Sweet Chili Sauce sometimes as well.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.