Extreme Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Extreme Bacon Jalapeno Poppers are not only wrapped in bacon, but stuffed with a combination of cheeses and even more bacon! This is a delicious appetizer option for all, including those on low carb and keto diets, as well!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 poppers
- 6 jalapeno peppers * medium sized
- 2 ounces cream cheese * at room temperature
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese * grated
- 3 slices bacon * cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices bacon * cut in half
Preheat oven to 375°F .
Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack over it.
Slice the stem off of each jalapeno, then cut each in half length-wise and remove the seeds and membrane, if desired.
In a small bowl, use a fork to mash together the cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon.
Fill each jalapeno half with enough cheese mixture to just reach the top edges.
Wrap each pepper with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Spread the jalapeno poppers out onto the baking rack.
Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
You can place the poppers under the broiler for a few minutes, watching closely to prevent burning, to crisp the bacon more, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Set the cream cheese out about an hour ahead of time to allow it to come to room temperature. This will make blending it with the cheddar cheese and bacon much easier.
- If you prefer mild jalapeno poppers, simply remove all of the seeds and membrane from each pepper. Leave it all for the spiciest poppers, or just remove some for medium spiciness.
- For crispier bacon, you can put the poppers under the broiler for a couple of minutes, watching closely and turning as needed to prevent burning.
- Store leftover jalapeno poppers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 5-7 days.
Serving: 1popper | Calories: 106kcal | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 61mg | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.1mg