Vanilla Candy Cupcakes
Try these Vanilla Candy Cupcakes for a fun, delicious treat! Make them as shown in the photos for spring gatherings, or change up the colors to suit any and every party, holiday, or celebration need!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 12 pieces mini candy bars
- M&M’S candies *if opting to make surprise cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and butter using an electric mixer on medium speed.
Add the eggs, then the vanilla until well blended and smooth.
Add the flour mixture and the heavy cream by alternating them until the batter is smooth and everything is well blended.
If using food coloring, this is the time to divide your batter into equal portions for each color you plan to use. Mix in the food coloring until you reach your desired result.
Fill each cupcake liner half full.
Bake the cupcakes for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Add the powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl.
Beat on medium speed until smooth.
If using food coloring, divide your icing and color as desired. Icing cupcakes as desired once they are cool.
Use leftover icing in a piping bag fitted with a very small round tip to "draw" wording and designs onto the candy. Add icing to the bottom of each candy to "glue" it to the cupcake.
Alternatively, you can hollow out the middle of each cupcake before icing and place M&M’S inside to make surprise cupcakes.
Supplies Used to Decorate Vanilla Candy Cupcakes
Tips & Techniques for the Best Vanilla Candy Cupcakes
- Set the butter out about an hour before you begin baking to allow it to come to room temperature. If the butter is too cold, or too warm, the cupcakes may not turn out perfectly.
- Decorate your cupcakes the same way, or easily modify the colors and candy to suit whatever occasion you need them for!
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary. It does not include the candy.
- How do you store cupcakes? You can store cupcakes without icing tightly covered at room temperature for a day or two, or with/without icing in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
- Can cupcakes be frozen? You can freeze cupcakes without icing, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, for 4-6 months.
- Can buttercream icing be frozen? Yes. You can freeze buttercream icing in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.8mg