Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
Keto Broccoli Cheese soup is loaded with fresh broccoli white cheddar, and gouda cheese! All the flavor without the extra carbs - just 11 carbs per bowl!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic * minced
- 1/4 cup shallot * minced
- 4 cups broccoli * chopped very small
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese * grated
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese * grated
Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
Add the garlic and shallot and cook until fragrant and just soft, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in the chopped broccoli, vegetable stock, salt, and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook until the broccoli is just tender, about 6-7 minutes.
Mix in the heavy whipping cream and cook for another minute or two until the soup is heated through.
Remove the pot from the heat and stir in both cheeses.
Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot.
Tips & Techniques for the Best Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- For best results, shred the cheese from a block rather than buying bags of pre-shredded cheese.
- Use a food processor to chop the broccoli quicker.
- To reduce the carb count even more, omit the shallot (-6 total carbs) and/or use chicken bone stock instead of vegetable stock (-6 total carbs).
How Do You Store Extra Broccoli Cheese Soup?
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Store extra soup in air-tight containers in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup can be kept in the freezer for up to 2-3 months for best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 614kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 1219mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2420IU | Vitamin C: 83.3mg | Calcium: 694mg | Iron: 1.2mg