Apple Cranberry Crisp
Apple Cranberry Crisp is a really easy recipe to make. Sweet with little bursts of tart from the cranberries, it’s really delicious all on its own. It also pairs perfectly alongside a scoop of creamy, vanilla ice cream.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 people
- 4 apples * peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries * see notes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup oats * use gluten free oats, if needed
- 1/3 cup flour * use gluten free flour, if needed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar * packed
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts * chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup butter cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with butter.
In a large bowl, mix together the apples, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour evenly into the baking dish.
In the same bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar and pecans or walnuts, if using.
Using a fork, mix in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the apple mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apple cranberry mixture is bubbly.
Serve warm or cold.
How to Make Gluten Free Apple Cranberry Crisp
This recipe for Apple Cranberry Crisp recipe can easily be made gluten-free without the flavor or texture changing at all.
Simply use gluten free old fashioned rolled oats and a all purpose gluten free flour in the same amounts as called for in the recipe card.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Apple Cranberry Crisp
- Frozen cranberries can be substituted cup-for-cup for the fresh cranberries in this recipe. Add the to the mix frozen – do not defrost them first.
- You can substitute 1/2 cup of dried cranberries in place of the fresh cranberries in the recipe, if needed.
- Store leftover crisp covered at room temperature for 2-3 days, or up to a week in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg