Apple Cranberry Crisp
Apples and cranberries combine with spices and a crispy topping for a delicious easy dessert! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream to sweeten the deal even more!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 people
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup cranberries * or 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup oats *use gluten free oats, if needed
- 1/3 cup flour *use gluten free flour, if needed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup butter cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with butter.
Peel and dice the apples into bite size pieces. Roughly chop the pecans.
In a large bowl, mix together the apples, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour evenly into the baking dish.
In the same bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar and pecans. Using a fork, mix in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the apple mixture.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apple cranberry mixture is bubbly.
Serve warm or cold.
- To make this recipe gluten free, use both gluten free rolled oats and gluten free flour
- If you are substituting dried cranberries in place of fresh cranberries, use 1/2 Cup of the dried cranberries
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 6.2% | Vitamin C: 9.5% | Calcium: 4.8% | Iron: 8.4%