Coconut Curry Chicken
Coconut Curry Chicken is full of sweet coconut and spicy curry flavor. Add some veggies on the side to turn this delicious recipe into complete meal!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 shallot * diced small
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts * cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 13.66 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or a large, deep skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat. Stir the curry powder into the oil and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the red curry paste, garlic, and shallot and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the shallot is softened.
Season with the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the curry mixture, tossing to coat.
Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook the chicken until it is no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, tomato sauce, and sugar. Mix well.
Set the heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 30-45 minutes.
Serve over rice or noodles, if desired.
Tips and Techniques
** nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending on the brands you use and any alterations you make to the recipe.
- for the most coconut flavor, use canned, full-fat coconut milk
- to lower the carbohydrate count even more, use a sugar substitute, like Splenda, to replace the sugar
- the longer you simmer this recipe, the more the flavors develop
- make a double batch - the leftovers are even more flavorful!
- this recipe has not yet been tested in a Instant Pot or slow cooker
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1.2mg