White Queso Dip
Don’t let White Queso Dip be a food that you only enjoy when eating out at Mexican restaurants. It’s easy to make this traditional dip at home in less than 10 minutes with only a handful of ingredients.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1/2 pound white American cheese * diced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounce can diced green chili peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes * divided
Add the cheese and heavy cream to a sauce pan over low-medium heat.
Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and blended.
Stir in the diced green chili peppers, cumin, and 1/4 cup of the tomatoes.
Is queso is too thick, slowly add more heavy cream until desired consistency is reached.
Pour into a serving bowl and top with the remaining tomatoes.
Tips and Techniques for the Best White Queso Dip
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Make sure to get the American cheese sliced fresh from the deli for the best flavor and melting.
- To spice up the recipe, replace half or all of the diced green chili peppers with diced jalapenos.
- You can swap out the heavy whipping cream for half-and-half or milk, if preferred.
- Store leftover queso dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until is smooth and heated through.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 1116mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 622mg | Iron: 1mg