Keto Shrimp Cakes
Keto Shrimp Cakes are seasoned with fresh garlic and lemon. Every crunchy bite is zesty and delicious! Each cake has less than 1 net carb and is naturally gluten free!
Servings: 8 shrimp cakes
Finely chop the shrimp (if not using a food processor).
Combine the chopped shrimp, almond flour, onion powder, paprika, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and egg in a medium bowl and mix to combine well.
Alternatively, you can add all of the ingredients to a food processor fitted with a blade and pulse 5-7 times until everything is chopped and combined.
Form 8 evenly sized Shrimp Cakes by rolling the mixture into tightly packed balls before flattening and shaping.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Shrimp Cakes and cook about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Keto Shrimp Cakes
- You can use a food processor to speed up the prep time.
- Use raw shrimp for the best results. Using pre-cooked shrimp may make the cakes fall apart more easily when frying.
- Use fresh garlic and lemon for the best flavor.
- Store leftover Shrimp Cakes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Can Shrimp Cakes be made ahead of time? Yes, you can make these Shrimp Cakes ahead of time and store them covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. Just remember that raw shrimp should be cooked within 2 days of purchasing.
- Can Shrimp Cakes be frozen? Yes. You can freeze raw Shrimp Cakes for up to 2 months, and cooked Shrimp Cakes for up to 4 months.
- What do you serve with Shrimp Cakes? You can serve any vegetable alongside of these Shrimp Cakes. They also go exceptionally well with Roasted Garlic Lemon Aioli.
Serving: 2shrimp cakes | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1.7mg