Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice
Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice is an easy keto side dish. Made with riced cauliflower, broccoli, and plenty of cheddar cheese, this low carb recipe is also naturally gluten free!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups broccoli rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add the cauliflower and broccoli rices and season with the salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring often, until just tender - about 8-9 minutes.
Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl, wipe the pan clean, and return it to medium heat on the stove top.
Add the butter, heavy whipping cream and mustard powder to the skillet and whisk until the butter is fully melted and the mixture is hot and bubbly.
Mix in the cheddar cheese until melted, then stir back in the rice mixture.
Continue to cook an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is well combine and heated through.
Tips & Techniques for the Best Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice
- You can rice the cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor by cutting it into florets, adding it to the bowl of the food processor fitting with a blade, and pulsing a few times. You may need to work in batches.
- Shred the cheese from a block rather than using pre-shredded bagged cheese. Cheese from a block melts better and doesn’t contain any added starches.
- Use fresh cauliflower and broccoli rather than frozen for the best results.
- Add in some cooked chicken, crumbled bacon, sausage, or diced ham for added protein, flavor, and heartiness!
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- Can you substitute the heavy cream with half and half or milk? Yes, just be aware that the cheese sauce may be on the thinner side should you choose not to use heavy cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 700mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1640IU | Vitamin C: 117.7mg | Calcium: 488mg | Iron: 1.4mg