Cheesy Chicken Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
Keto Cheesy Chicken Casserole takes on all the same flavor of a traditional cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole but with a fraction of the carbs. It's an easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts * cut into bite size cubes
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning * or another all purpose seasoning
- 4 cups riced cauliflower * from 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth * or stock
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces Gouda cheese * shredded (or fontina cheese)
- 12 ounces bacon * cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
Season the chicken cubes with the adobo seasoning and add to the skillet with the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
Add the riced cauliflower, broccoli florets, cooked chicken, bone broth, heavy whipping cream, 1/2 of the Gouda cheese and 1/2 of the bacon to a large casserole dish. Season with the salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
Cover the casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Uncover the casserole and top with the remaining Gouda cheese. and bacon. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Keto Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- Shred the Gouda or fontina cheese from a block. Do not use pre-shredded cheese as it contains a starch to prevent it from sticking to itself. This starch increases the carb count and keeps the cheese from melting nicely.
- Save time by purchasing already riced cauliflower from the produce section. Frozen riced cauliflower is not recommended and may lead to a more "watery" casserole.
- Store leftover Keto Cheesy Chicken Casserole in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
- Can you make chicken casserole ahead of time? Yes. You can either make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator if you plan to cook it within 1-2 days. Or you can assemble the casserole and freeze it, unbaked, for up to 4 months. You can bake it from frozen or allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If baked from frozen, you may need to add an extra 10 minutes to the cook time.
- Can you freeze this chicken casserole once it's been baked? Yes. Freeze it in air-tight containers for up to 4 month for best results. Thaw before reheating.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 1064mg | Potassium: 1005mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 80.1mg | Calcium: 319mg | Iron: 1.4mg