Keto Shrimp Scampi
Keto Shrimp Scampi is a classic shrimp scampi recipe loaded with shrimp and zoodles in a rich, garlic butter sauce. It's a quick and easy recipe suitable for those on keto, low carb, and gluten free diets.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound raw shrimp (medium size) * peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic * minced
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon * juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley * roughly chopped
Heat the butter and olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
Once the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add the white cooking wine, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and increase the heat to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
Place the shrimp in the pan, trying not to overlap them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until pink and opaque.
Stir in half of the lemon juice and parsley. Taste and add more lemon juice, if desired. Keep the scampi on warm while you prepare the zucchini noodles.
To cook the zucchini noodles, season the zoodles with salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the seasoned zoodles. Cook, stirring often, until fork-tender, about 4-5 minutes.
To serve, divide the zoodles among 4 plates and top with even amounts of the shrimp scampi.
Garnish with extra fresh parsley, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Use fresh, spiralized zucchini. Frozen zoodles will likely give you a mushier, less desirable texture.
- Store any leftover Keto Shrimp Scampi in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 300mg | Sodium: 1478mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 47.2mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 3.5mg