Keto Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken is an incredibly easy recipe of pan-seared chicken in a creamy cilantro-lime sauce. This chicken recipe is a great option for busy weeknights and suitable for those who prefer gluten free, low carb, or keto-friendly dishes.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 cup chicken bone broth * or stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves * minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes * optional
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lime * juiced
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet.
Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for about 5-7 more minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep it warm.
Add the garlic to the same skillet (no need to clean the pan beforehand). Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add the chicken bone broth, 2/3rds of the cilantro, and red pepper flakes, if using.
Gently simmer until the liquid is reduced by 1/3, about 10 minutes.
Whisk in the heavy cream and half of the lime juice. Taste and add more lime juice, as needed.
Place the chicken back in the pan and spoon sauce over the top, if desired.
Top with the remaining cilantro.
Tips and Techniques
- Fresh cilantro works best in this recipe, however, if you need to use dried, cut the amount in half.
- The same goes for lime juice - fresh is best. If you use bottled lime juice, start with 1 tablespoon and gradually increase until the sauce reaches your desired flavor.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 456mg | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.5mg