Keto Broccoli Casserole
Keto Broccoli Casserole is a low carb version of this classic side dish recipe! It's made using all keto-friendly foods and just as tasty, if not tastier, than the original!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese * shredded from block
- 1 cup keto-approved mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter * melted (optional)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Butter or grease the inside of a medium size casserole dish.
Chop the broccoli by adding it to the bowl of a food processor and pulse just a few times.
In a large mixing bowl, add the broccoli, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, egg, and heavy whipping cream. Mix until evenly combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Spread evenly and pack it down so that it's nice and smooth on top.
In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and almond flour with a fork until coarse "breadcrumbs" form.
Sprinkle the almond flour crumbs evenly over the top of the prepared casserole.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the almond flour crumbs are golden brown and the casserole is just slightly jiggly in the center. It will set more as it cools.
Tips and Techniques for Making Keto Broccoli Casserole
- You can usually find already chopped broccoli available in either the produce or frozen food sections of most grocery stores. While, fresh is always best, frozen can be used. Just be sure to thaw it first.
- Always shred cheese from a block rather than buying a bag of shredded cheese which contains starch to keep it from sticking together. The starch not only adds carbohydrates, it also keeps the cheese from melting nicely.
- Keto-approved mayonnaise can be hard to find unless you have a specialty or health food store nearby that caters to low carb and keto diets. You can find a few different brands on Amazon.com. Simply CLICK HERE for the list. If you are on a strict keto-diet, you want to avoid soybean and canola oils.
How to Store Leftover Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Leftover Keto Broccoli Casserole can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-5 days.
- It is recommended to reheat this Keto Broccoli Casserole in the oven or a toaster oven for best results.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 16.2% | Vitamin C: 49.2% | Calcium: 25.8% | Iron: 6%