Keto Mexican Beef Bowls
Keto Mexican Beef Bowls are filled with rice cauliflower, delicious ground beef, and a quick homemade salsa. Top them with crumbled cojita cheese and a zesty lime mayo for even more flavor!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup tomato,diced
- 2 tablespoons jarred jalapeno peppers * diced (or you can use fresh, see notes)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Mexican Beef Bowls
- 1 medium head cauliflower * riced (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise * see notes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
To prepare the salsa, mix together the tomato, jalapenos, and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
Add the riced cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap, leaving one edge slightly open to vent. Cook on high for 5-7 minutes, or until just fork tender.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and season with the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Cook the beef, stirring often and breaking up larger chunks as needed, until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 10 minutes.
To assemble the bowls, divide the cauliflower evenly between 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of the Mexican beef, salsa and cojita cheese.
To make the Lime Mayonnaise, whisk together the mayonnaise and lime juice and drizzle over each bowl just before serving.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Keto Mexican Beef Bowls
- You can rice the cauliflower in a food processor, by adding it to bowl and pulsing just a few times. You can also use a hand grater or buy already riced cauliflower from the produce section of your grocery store. Frozen cauliflower is not recommended, as it tends to be too mushy.
- Jarred jalapenos are good to use for this recipe, though some contain a small amount of sugar. If you decide to use fresh, please keep in mind that they are stronger and you may want to use less.
- If you are following a strict keto diet, you will need to use a keto-approved mayonnaise. Some brands you can try are Primal Kitchen, Chosen Foods, and Sir Kensington’s (although this brand contains a very small amount of sugar, it’s the only one I have been able to find in stores near me).
- Grass fed, organic ground beef is recommended for the best taste. If you’ve never tried it before, you will notice a huge difference!
How to Store Leftover Keto Mexican Beef Bowls
** Nutritional information is given as an estimate and may vary.
- Store any leftover ground beef for the Keto Mexican Beef Bowls in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use within 3-4 days.
- Extra cauliflower rice can be kept in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Any leftover homemade salsa can be store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
- Keto Mexican Beef Bowls are a great recipe to use for meal prep!