Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs are a delicious appetizer or side dish. Filled with creamy avocado and topped with smoky bacon and paprika, these deviled eggs are perfect for summertime entertaining!
Prep Time25 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 6 Handsome Brook Farm Organic, Pasture Raised Eggs * hard boiled (see recipe notes)
- 2 slices bacon * cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- salt and pepper
- smoked paprika * optional, for garnish
PREP: make your hard boiled eggs (see recipe notes) and cook and crumble the bacon.
Cut each hard boiled egg in half length wise, scoop out the yolks and place them in a small bowl.
Cut the avocado into cubes and add that to the bowl with the egg yolks. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and season with salt, and pepper. Mash everything together with a fork until it reaches your desired level of smoothness.
Spoon the filling into each egg half and top with crumbled bacon and smoked paprika, if desired.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs
- Add your eggs to a sauce pan large enough that they have at least a little space between them.
- Fill with cold water until the it's at least an inch over the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water is at a full boil, turn off the heat, cover the pan with the lid, and allow the eggs to sit (still on the burner) for 10-12 minutes.
- When the time is up, drain the hot water from the pan and rinse the eggs with cool water. This will stop the cooking process and cool them down some so you can peel them.
- If you want a super smooth filing, add all of the ingredients for the filling to the canister of a blender and process until smooth. You can then use a piping bag and fancy tip to fill the egg halves with, if desired.
- You can adjust the flavor of the filling by adding more or less mustard and mayonnaise. Give it a taste before filling your eggs and adjust to your liking!
- Store extra Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat within 3-4 days.
Serving: 1deviled egg | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 2.9% | Vitamin C: 2% | Calcium: 1.4% | Iron: 2.8%