Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast
This Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast recipe is everything you love about cinnamon french toast, but with a hint of sweet vanilla in each bite!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 8 slices sourdough bread * day old works best
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vanilla creamer * see notes for alternative
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pre-heat your griddle to 350°F. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla creamer, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until well combined.
Coat the griddle with butter or non-stick cooking spray, then dip each slice of sourdough bread into the egg mixture and place it on the hot griddle.
Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
Before flipping, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon onto each slice.
Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve warm with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and/or fresh fruit.
Tips & Techniques For the Best Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast
- If you would rather not use vanilla creamer, you can use an equal amount of milk with 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract mixed in.
- Dipping the bread into the egg mixture using your fingers may make it quicker and easier to get the bread coated without it tearing.
- Make sure to allow the excess egg mixture to drip off to prevent your French Toast from getting too soggy.
- Serve this Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast with a drizzle of maple syrup, or a dusting of powdered sugar and fruit.
** Nutritional information is given as an estimate only and will vary
- Why is my French Toast soggy? If the bread is coated with too much of the egg mixture it can become soggy as it cooks. This can also happen if the bread you use it too fresh.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 5.4mg