Easy Blackberry Crisp
This Easy Blackberry Crisp is the perfect summer dessert recipe! It's quick and simple to make and goes great with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour * use gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour * use gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup brown sugar * packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter * cut into pieces
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Combine the blackberries, 1/4 cup flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium size casserole dish. Toss to coat.
In a small bowl, combine the oats, 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar, and butter pieces.
Using a fork or pastry cutter, blend until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
Sprinkle the oat crumbles evenly on top of the blackberry mixture.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the crisp is golden brown.
Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Blackberry Crisp
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.
- It is strongly recommended to use fresh blackberries for the best results.
- You can easily make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour and oats.
- Store leftover blackberry crisp tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.