This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggieNewYear #CollectiveBias
Get a healthier start to your day with this Vegetarian Broccoli Cheddar Sausage Scramble!
New Year’s resolutions are in full effect. For me, that means getting back in the habit of watching my carbs! It’s not always the easiest way of eating. I love fruits and vegetables and I don’t like to eat a lot of meat. In fact, I was a vegetarian for over 10 years! And while I am no longer a vegetarian, I still like to incorporate plant-based products into my diet.
MorningStar Farms® has a whole line of veggie cuisines! I first became familiar with the brand after seeing MorningStar Farms® Bacon Strips in the freezer section of my local grocery store. These products are a great way to get more veggies into your diet – as well as plant protein!
Another New Years resolution of mine is to start making more hot breakfasts for my family. With my youngest son waking up at the crack of dawn, I really have no excuse not to. However, that doesn’t mean it has to be complicated! Oh no. Easy is the only way to go at 7am!
While I love the bacon, I like the heartiness and flavor of the MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties in this Vegetarian Broccoli Cheddar Sausage Scramble. Using MorningStar Farms® veggie sausage is a quick and easy way to make a healthier, nutritious breakfast!
Vegetarian Broccoli Cheddar Sausage Scramble
Have a large skillet, non-stick cooking spray and all your ingredients out and ready to go!
Spray the skillet with a little non-stick cooking spray and set the heat to medium. Add the MorningStar Farms® Sausage Patties and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, chop the broccoli, grate the cheddar cheese, if necessary, and crack and scramble the eggs in a medium size bowl.
Once the sausage is done cooking, remove from the pan and cut into bite size pieces. Spray a little more of the non-stick spray into the pan and add the eggs, garlic salt, pepper, broccoli, sausage, and cheddar cheese.
Cook, continually scrambling for 2-4 minutes until the eggs are set.
There isn’t really much you need to do to make this dish look good! Just be sure to keep this Vegetarian Broccoli Cheddar Sausage Scramble warm between servings.
While this recipe is vegetarian, MorningStar Farms® products aren’t just for vegetarians! Their products are for everyone! You just need to “Taste It To Believe It!”
Scrambled Eggs and Sausage with Broccoli
- 4 sausage patties * can use vegetarian
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt * or regular salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup broccoli * cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese * shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium low. Add the sausage patties and cook until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, season with the garlic salt and pepper, and whisk well.
- Raise the heat to medium and melt the butter in the same skillet used to cook the sausage.
- Once hot and bubbly, add the eggs and top with the cut up sausage patties, broccoli florets, and cheddar cheese.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the eggs are done through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Shred the cheddar cheese directly from a block for the best melting and texture.
- You can make this recipe vegetarian by using vegetarian sausage patties. Just be aware that vegetarian sausage may contain more carbohydrates and gluten, so be sure to read the labels.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.