This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #simplegoodness #CollectiveBias
Strawberry Pie with NILLA Wafer Crust & Crumble is sure to be a crowd pleaser this Spring!
For me, Spring is when I crave fresh fruits and vegetables the most. After eating all those yummy comfort food recipes all winter, it’s definitely time to add more freshness to the menu! My Strawberry Pie with NILLA Wafer Crust & Crumble is a delicious dessert recipe that will do just that!
I really don’t get to entertain anywhere near as much as I would like to. I’m sure a big part of the reason is the fact we currently live out in the middle of nowhere. Since everyone else in my family lives in the same general area, we typically drive to one of their homes for birthday and holiday celebrations.
Usually, on Easter, we will head north for a family Easter egg hunt, followed by dinner and dessert. My aunt takes care of all of the cooking which I love. Not because I don’t have to do any of it, but because the food is the same as when I was a child. We had our own Easter egg hunts in the same back yard and I love that my kids get to have the same exact experience.
I don’t like to show up empty-handed so I bring dessert. This year I’m bringing this Strawberry Pie with NILLA Wafer Crust & Crumb Topping! The base is a NILLA Wafer crust and the crumble topping is oats, flour, brown sugar, and more NILLA Wafers! The added texture of the crumble on top of fresh strawberries is amazing! Think of it like Strawberry Bars, but in pie form.
While this Strawberry pie is easy to make, it does require some time in the refrigerator to set after baking. Be sure to plan ahead with this one!
You can buy a pre-made NILLA Pie Crust, or you can make your own. If you’re making your own, you will want to get that started and baking in the oven before beginning the remaining steps of this recipe. The directions for making a NILLA Wafer pie crust are included in the recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are some pictures as well!
You will also need to have all your ingredients out, a cutting board, knife, 1 small bowl, and 1 medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and a sauce pan. If you have a food processor, it will make crumbling the NILLA Wafers a bit quicker.
Slice your strawberries into bite-sized pieces. Take 1 Cup of the strawberries and add them to the sauce pan with the sugar and cornstarch. Mash the strawberries as you bring the mixture to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat.
Place the remaining strawberries into the pie crust and pour the strawberry mixture over them.
Combine the ingredients for the crumb topping with a fork until it resembles crumbs. Top the strawberries with the crumble and bake!
To make slicing this pie easier, and less messy, place it in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours. My lack of patience always gets the best of me, hence the strawberry juice on the bottom of the pie dish. At least it makes for a pretty picture!
I truly hope you love this Strawberry Pie with NILLA Wafer Crust & Crumble as much as my family and I do!
Where to Buy
- 1 box NILLA Wafers
- 1/2 Cup butter melted
- 5 Cups strawberries
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 Cup NILLA Wafer crumbs
- 1/4 Cup rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- PREP: preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Have all the ingredients out and ready, as well as a food processor, cutting board, knife, 1 medium bowl, 1 small bowl, and a sauce pan.
- To make the crust: add the entire box of NILLA Wafers to a food processor bowl and process until they are turned into fine crumbs. TAKE OUT 1/4 CUP OF THE CRUMBS AND SET ASIDE. Pour the remaining crumbs into a medium bowl and mix in the butter until the crumbs just start to stick together. Dump the crumbs into a pie pan and press them firmly into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. ** See Recipe Notes if you are using a pre-made NILLA Wafer Pie Crust.
- While the crust is baking, start making the strawberry filling. Slice the strawberries into bite-sized pieces. Take 1 Cup of the strawberries and add them to a sauce pan with the sugar and corn starch. Bring the mixture to a boil while mashing the strawberries. Remove from heat. Place the remaining strawberries into the pie crust and top with the strawberry mixture.
- To make the crumble, add the oats, 1/4 Cup of NILLA wafer crumbs, flour, brown sugar, and butter to a small bowl and mash with a form until a crumble forms. Spread the crumble over the strawberries. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is lightly browned.
- To make slicing and serving easier, place the pie in the refrigerator for about 4 hours to set.